Friday, October 31, 2008

America, you will be disappointed

Just 8 days ago, I posted a blog titled, "If they're popular, they're probably not sound." Joe Biden's address at a fundraiser was the centerpiece of the article.

The point of what I wrote there was that many Americans have seemingly been duped into believing that Barak Obama, if elected President, will actually be able to deliver on most or all of his campaign promises. I don't believe he will be able, mostly because so many of his promises have been veiled in such carefully crafted language that is intended to mislead the average voter, promises that are so well polished rhetorically that the average voter has a highly exaggerated vision of who Obama is and what he will accomplish as President.

This isn't a huge surprise. It's not a conspiracy theory that I'm proposing. I don't believe Obama is hiding his secret religious identity or his ties to terrorists from Americans. I just believe that he, like most politicians, has pulled the wool over our eyes regarding how effective he can be in carrying out his policy promises.

My suspicions are continuing to be confirmed by Senator Obama himself...


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5051118.ece

1 comment:

Dianne said...

yup, i agree. i don't think he can do a fraction of what he's promised. but the idea that he's even willing to try, and that it's something different, was enough for me to vote for him.